Fifth International Air Law Moot Court 27-30 March 2014
The fourth edition of the International Air Law Moot Court Competition which took place in Abu Dhabi, UAE, from 9-12 March 2013 was a very successful event with thirteen teams participating, presenting fascinating pleas while our Abu Dhabi hosts generously and graciously received their guests.
This time, the Sarin Memorial Legal Aid Foundation from India and the International Institute of Air and Space Law of Leiden University in the Netherlands join forces with Team Aviation Solution with the purpose of organising the fifth edition of the International Air Law Moot Court Competition. The International Air Law Moot Court Competition is a unique opportunity for students seeking to gain experience in the development of arguments in the field of international law and international air law, while also establishing contacts around the world.
We invite Universities having an interest for international air law to send a team to the Competition which will be held from 27-30 March 2014. The case concerning overflight charges (incl. annex) is attached. The case involves questions of public international law and international air law. Registration is online, please click here.
Each University may send a team to the Competition which will last four days, including the semi-finals and finals. The Rules of Procedure of the Competition are also enclosed.
Deadline for registration is Sunday 20 October 2013.
- International Air Law Moot Court 2014 Case
- Rules and Procedures of the National Selection (India) Rounds
- Rules and Procedures of the International Rounds (Updated in July 2013)
- Summary Rules and Procedures
- Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (O.S.C.O.L.A.) [Click Here]
- Time Schedule of the Competition
- [NOTE: The 14th of February, 2014 date is for the exchange of memorials of teams in the "International Rounds", i.e. teams who have been successful in the National Rounds]